Sunday 15 April 2007

Vishu a Happy Vishu (Corny, I know)


I was reading a column about the seasons and how to recognize their onset. It made me aware of the respect I have for all things natural. I know I may sound like any old fanatic, crazed, all organic, tree hugger but I’m not. I like the good things in life (boy are there a lot of them!) Let me mention that the ‘good things in life’ are either immoral, illegal, fattening or against nature.


Anyway, theres something that can turn me into a tree hugger-a perfect morning. A perfect morning is when you get up and you’re wide awake. No sleepy, lethargic Shar, stumbling around half asleep and cursing all chirpy things within sight or hearing. You’re wide awake and guess what? The weathers perfect-just the right amount of chill factor with a light breeze to carry it forward every now and then. All this after a horrendous two months of sweating like you’re in a perpetual sauna. The cool air hits your face and you don’t shiver. You don’t reach for a wrap. You just let it caress your cheek and it cruelly leaves you hungering for more. I was magnetically drawn towards the window where I stood stock-still, just enjoying the weather until my grandmother got worried at my sudden immobility. There was a light feeling of anticipation as I opened the door, slowly, lest any sudden movements should scare it away. It crept into the house and I sighed. Perfect mornings! They’re the best! Oh and by the way Happy Vishu! Here’s hoping the New Year brings more crap to deal with and more worries to obsess about!!
(If you hope for the worst you’ll never be let down)

2 comments:

Bijoy said...

Nice post, its a really cool blog that you have here, keep up the good work, will be back.

Warm Regards

Biby Cletus - Happy Vishu

Wickedcookie said...

Thanks! I'll be sure to keep updating! Happy Vishu to you too...